« September 21, 2012 | Main | September 23, 2012 »

Electric.

September 22, 2012 at 04:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBack

Digital Protractor

Digital-protractor-xl

From The Green Head:

61r0tPthNUL._AA1000_

"This is not the flimsy and manually accurate plastic half circle from your old geometry class. This version uses connected rulers forged from stainless steel to digitally measure angles to one decimal place and/or draw lines at specific angles. A great tool for school, home improvement projects, contractors, or just anyone in love with precision or angles."

Q

September 22, 2012 at 03:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack

Fanboy Heaven, Podunk Virginia — Episode 2: Be still my beating Apple heart

N

Look (above) at what just dropped into my email box.

Apple unexpectedly moved up my iPhone 5 delivery date a week — from Friday October  5 to THIS COMING FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 28!

I am having palpitations so severe I must finish this post instanter and go lie down.

To quote Lewis and Clark: "O! The Joy!"

Episode 1 is here.

September 22, 2012 at 02:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (3) | TrackBack

What is it?

Sailboat-napkin-holder-4

Answer here this time tomorrow.

Hint: Not made of wood.

Another: Or metal.

September 22, 2012 at 01:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (3) | TrackBack

How to type like a pirate

Corsair

Yinzer heads-up: No luchador version yet but stay tuned.

[via Amar Gandhi and Richard Kashdan]

September 22, 2012 at 12:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Planet Lollipops — Solar System Space Balls

Il_570xN.364972011

10 lollipops: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, and the Sun.

Il_570xN.364800990_kvdu

[via carlovely]

September 22, 2012 at 11:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack

A strange thing happened on Twitter the other day

Screen Shot 2012-09-19 at 3.32.53 PM

I was exchanging tweets with Economist.com editor Tom Standage and, as it happened, one of his replies (above) dropped into my email inbox.

I read it and then read it again: "My wife liked (my italics) to conduct entire conversations using just emoji."

OK.

I figured he was no longer married to the woman he was referring to.

Then, a while later, I visited Twitter to see the exchange and happened on the tweet (below) about his wife and emoji.

Screen Shot 2012-09-19 at 3.32.45 PM

Do you notice anything different about the tweet as it appeared on Twitter as opposed to my email inbox (top)?

I did.

In fact, one letter changed how I interpreted his tweet and understood his living arrangement.

How can the two versions be reconciled, and what does this mean in terms of using Twitter and the Internet as a whole as a reference of record?

I'd say it makes it as shaky as eyewitness testimony, once considered the gold standard in the courtroom until it was shown to be as provisional as every other form of evidence.

September 22, 2012 at 10:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBack

Leaf Notes

Leafnotes-1

"Each leaf is a Post-it note sheet of paper

Leafnotes3

which you can write on

A

with a pen or pencil."

Leafnotes1

$7 CAD (Desk and Stationary Page 4).

September 22, 2012 at 09:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack