« Pizza Sleeping Bag w Optional Veggie Pillows | Home | Rifle Umbrella — Just 'cause it's raining doesn't mean you can't stand your ground »

September 28, 2012

Spider web as natural screen door

Above and below, my favorite spider in his/her (how do I tell?) lair, just outside my back door.

A wonderful place to set up shop, guaranteed to produce a steady diet of juicy insects.

Who needs a screen door when you've got one of these arachnid homeys?

Now to encourage others to establish residence outside the rest of my doors and windows....

September 28, 2012 at 12:01 PM | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Spider web as natural screen door:

Comments

I so agree! Here in mid-coastal FL (east side) we have many so-called Daddy Long Legs (you know why they're 'so-called' - not really spiders or something) happily ensconced in the corners chomping up ants and mosquitoes! Love spiders :)

Posted by: Pamela Daley | Oct 7, 2012 12:11:00 PM

Hmmm, I wonder if that could be a male argiope...the female is that kind of great big long leggedy spider with the pretty black & yellow abdomen and the huge web with what looks like zig-zag dental floss in the center.
I'm no spider expert so I wouldn't know. Avogadro's probably got it nailed.

Is this a kind of iPhone 5 karezza you're practicing here, prolonging the ecstasy? I say it's high time to complete the act and hit the on switch or command it to do your bidding or whatever has to happen.

Posted by: Flautist | Sep 28, 2012 3:10:09 PM

Erm, actually not.

The photo was shot with my departing 4S.

The back story:

Screen Shot 2012-09-28 at 12.40.52 PM

Posted by: bookofjoe | Sep 28, 2012 12:43:39 PM

This marks the first appearance of the iPhone 5 on BOJ!

Posted by: 6.02*10^23 | Sep 28, 2012 12:30:24 PM

Looks like a comb-clawed spider. They're the most common type of house spider in North America.

Posted by: 6.02*10^23 | Sep 28, 2012 12:29:39 PM