« October 27, 2012 | Main | October 29, 2012 »

October 28, 2012

Neck-Lace

Screen Shot 2012-10-29 at 12.18.19 AM

Screen Shot 2012-10-29 at 12.18.35 AM

"Inspired by a ordinary paper party banner, OOOMS designed a structure made in one piece. Once stretched, it lengthens to become a beautiful necklace resembling lace."

Screen Shot 2012-10-29 at 12.18.28 AM

Unveiled during Dutch Design Week 2008.

October 28, 2012 at 11:59 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

An epiphany: In which Gray Cat becomes an indoor cat — for life

V

Emphasis on "for life."

Long story short: After spending 2.5 hours searching for Gray Cat Thursday afternoon after I was packed and ready to drive to Pittsburgh for this past weekend's World Tour 2012 stop in Yinzerville, the penny dropped.

Gray Cat has spent her last day outdoors wandering the fields and forests of my Podunk town's outskirts.

Done and dusted.

She doesn't realize it yet — I haven't yet broken the news to her, only having arrived back home 10 minute ago — but tomorrow we'll be having a head-to-head about my decision.

I am very happy about this development for any number of reasons, all of which which will be laid out here in the near future.

October 28, 2012 at 11:58 PM | Permalink | Comments (16) | TrackBack

Infinite USB

USB1

"Innovative USB plug designed to act as a USB hub when plugged in."

USB2

A May 2009 design by Harvard University grad student Gonglue Jiang.

[via TOXEL]

October 28, 2012 at 11:56 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack

My top 5 songs where the singer stutters

1. "I Can't Explain"

2. "Benny and the Jets"

3. "My Sharona"

4. "Bad To The Bone

5. "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet"

Do you have any?

Pray tell: dish.

October 28, 2012 at 12:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (6) | TrackBack

Retractable Speed Bumps

Slow-down-and-t

"If a vehicle is following the speed limit, the speed bump stays retracted and allows the car to continue without stopping."

What took so long?

[via DVICE and TOXEL]

October 28, 2012 at 11:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Which browser are you using?

Mmm

Well?

"Browsers are free and easy to install."

I read that in a magazine.

Wait a sec... what's that music I'm hearing?

[via Laughing Squid and Richard Kashdan]