« A record player that plays slices of wood (video) | Home | "Easier Said Than Done" โ€” The Essex »

October 1, 2012

TerraTrike (video)

Looks like fun.

Anybody have one?

$699โ€“$4,599.

October 1, 2012 at 01:01 PM | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference TerraTrike (video):

Comments

let's get the adrenaline really flowing -

Posted by: sherlock | Oct 5, 2012 4:14:50 AM

I have a catrike. Very like the terratrike. I can ride until my legs get tired instead of until my butt gets sore. Very fun, very comfortable. On a bicycle, I look at the pavement. On the trike I look at the sky.

Posted by: Bruce Fox | Oct 2, 2012 7:45:11 PM

i have one too - love it

Posted by: sherlock | Oct 2, 2012 2:34:50 PM

Oh, somehow my original long winded comment/review didn't make it. Thus, my addendum about the turning radius makes no sense. I'm up late and checking to see if there were any other comments Yes, I have one, love it completely and wish I could spend more time riding it. 'Nuff said, I'm off to bed...

Posted by: tamra | Oct 2, 2012 4:51:34 AM

the advantage of this design is.........

Posted by: rob | Oct 1, 2012 10:38:37 PM

Oh, one more thing, the turning radius, not so good, but it's a small price to pay.

Posted by: tamra | Oct 1, 2012 9:06:23 PM

It seems that riding upright on a conventional bike provides more upper body toning and uses more muscles than sitting in a reclined position.

Is this another version of an easy chair? Granted, there's effort involved. The knees work, the thighs perhaps.

Posted by: Kay | Oct 1, 2012 4:28:09 PM

Look here. http://www.recumbentbicyclesource.com/recumbent-bicycle-manufacturers.html

Spouse's total knee replacement made one a fun pastime (I'll keep my nearly 35 year-old 12 speed Cannondale).

Posted by: 6.02*10^23 | Oct 1, 2012 4:11:44 PM

There are a lot of recumbent trike designs out there. Do shop around if you want one. At one time, I was looking into one that leans into turns because I needed a trike that was higher off the ground. To answer your question though, I don't own one.

Posted by: Bubbub | Oct 1, 2012 1:45:58 PM