« March 25, 2013 | Main | March 27, 2013 »

March 26, 2013

3-Faced Clock

Screen Shot 2013-03-26 at 7.14.50 PM

Say what?

Videre est credere.

"Hours, minutes, and seconds separated and brought back together for a reading of time."

Aluminum plate.

16" x 6".

$79.99 (time included).

March 26, 2013 at 08:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

BehindTheMedspeak: STOP EATING MY FOOD — YES, YOU!

Above, an email I received yesterday from the staff administrator of the hospital I work at.

Wouldn't you like to know exactly where the door is so you can continue to get free food?

Heh.

My lips are sealed.

Until I sit down for lunch tomorrow, when the new code takes effect and I can finally dine in peace.

March 26, 2013 at 04:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (6) | TrackBack

Northern Latitudes Landscape Dinner Set

2-landscape-dinner-set

"For kids starting from 1 year old."

1-landscape-dinner-set

Hey, that means all of my readers!

Z

Wait a sec... what's that music I'm hearing?

[via homeklondike.com]

March 26, 2013 at 12:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Tilda Swinton naps in public — "You call that art?"

In fact, yes — I do.

Screen Shot 2013-03-25 at 6.39.01 PM

Of the very highest order.

Next you're gonna tell me Rauschenburg's 1953 "Erased de Kooning" (below)

98.298_01_B02

isn't art either.

I've got no time for you.

Nothing to see here, please move along.

March 26, 2013 at 08:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack

Hankie Pocketbook — What the sharp dressed man is wearing

Screen Shot 2013-03-25 at 5.14.50 PM

Red, Cream, or Charcoal:

Screen Shot 2013-03-25 at 5.15.06 PM

Screen Shot 2013-03-25 at 5.15.10 PM

[via a reader in Singapore who, for professional reasons, prefers to remain anonymous. I can see why. Heh)

March 26, 2013 at 04:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

BehindTheMedspeak: 9 drugs for bipolar disorder means none of them are much good

09112-cover-medcabinet

It's an iron axiom of medicine that if there are many treatments for something, none of them is very effective.

Consider hiccups, for which tens, scores, hundreds of remedies exist, none of which always or even often work.

Bipolar disorder is in the same boat: there are innumerable drugs used by millions around the world to try and control this devastating and tragically oftimes fatal disease, yet none of them is a cure.

The graphic up top, from an excellent piece by Bethany Halford in the latest Chemical and Engineering News, demonstrates this quite nicely.

March 26, 2013 at 12:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (10) | TrackBack