« Swiss Army Knife with Retractable Ballpoint Pen | Home | Sag-B-Gone Button keeps your jeans up when they start to sag and droop »

April 11, 2013

"I've never seen such infinite beauty in my life."

"I can feel the air.'

"Like you're released, like you're free."

"Everything is one."

"You can't believe it."

"I've never seen such infinite beauty in my life."

"I wish I could talk in technicolor."

It becomes clear why psychedelic drugs are illegal: As the lady said, "There isn't anything pleasant or unpleasant, it's too beautiful. This is reality."

If people were given the option of going to school and work or having an experience like that pictured above, which do you think they would choose?

The world as we know it would come to a crashing halt.

"I feel sorry for you."

FunFact: I may well have been the only person on my dorm floor at UCLA in the late 60s not to ever have used drugs, even once.

You could've gotten high just walking down my seventh floor hallway after getting off the elevator.

My roommate during my sophomore year was my dorm's amphetamine dealer: he would sit up all night at his little built-in desk about 4 feet from my pillow with a precision scale, tiny high-intensity lamp, and notebooks and plastic bags and all the rest of the drug dealer's paraphernalia, cutting and weighing and packaging his wares.

"Let me know if you ever want to try anything, Joe. I can get you whatever you like and it'll be the very best, totally pure and uncut. Free."

"No thanks, Charlie. I'm OK."

Strange days.

[via Boing Boing]

April 11, 2013 at 12:01 PM | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference "I've never seen such infinite beauty in my life.":

Comments

the visuals were the best part. *sigh*

Posted by: blotter | Apr 12, 2013 5:12:45 PM

Veni, vidi, I partied like Charlie Sheen.

Now I am a whimp, but happy.

Posted by: joepeach | Apr 12, 2013 8:55:18 AM

I'd love to see you on your treadmill, wild eyes, teeth grinding, little legs going ahundred miles an hour. Try mdma at least!

Posted by: jo | Apr 12, 2013 2:39:54 AM

I had some wonderful drug prior to major surgery that didn't make me think everything was beautiful, it just made me think every thing "was". Versed? I have never been a person who seeks out altered states of consciousness (my regular states of consciousness are altered enough). But if I could get my hands on that pre-op drug I'd take it every single day. It's probably very good that I can't.

Posted by: Charlotte K | Apr 11, 2013 9:23:02 PM

been there done that...but after much spiritual seeking I am doubtful an LSD trip it is really offering any vista into the infinite, maybe completing a few circuits across the brain halves but that's about it

Posted by: Fritz | Apr 11, 2013 7:09:51 PM

Wow wow wow. Expanded consciousness? It seems so similar to so many "near death" experiences that people describe in so many books. Her composure is amazing, not much like the muddy masses of Woodstock. Unlike you Joe, I wasn't so disciplined back in those days. Regrets? Hard to say. I do know that one aspect rarely discussed in modern approaches to drug dependency/addiction is the simple notion that getting high/drinking does feel good, often very good, while reality often doesn't feel good, at least for many people. So, I wonder, what made you different? How did you know, so young, that you were "OK"?

Posted by: tamra | Apr 11, 2013 2:04:42 PM