« July 25, 2013 | Main | July 27, 2013 »

July 26, 2013

Add me on Google+

Screen Shot 2013-07-26 at 5.20.04 PM

You know how over in the right hand colum there's that "Add me on Google+" link?

The reason I put it there a couple weeks ago is that ALL — each and every one of the videos and photos I take with Google Glass — go there automatically, by default.

For Gray Cat lovers, it's heaven on Earth.

I feature a Glass video here in the main event at 4:01 a.m. every day but 99% of the footage — including some very bizarro and funny stuff — finds its home on Google+.

Google's got a lot of work to do with it — I mean, all the jumpy GIFs that assault you when you go there could induce a migraine — but hey, it's early days.

So if you need a boj fix between posts — and yes, I know, four hours is a long time to have to wait for your next injection, I feel your pain — Google+ has endless amounts of stuff ready for your delectation and delight.

July 26, 2013 at 08:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Unus Antique Mirrors Boomdesign Tattoo Tights — Street Fashion Stockings

Unus-boomdesign-antique-mirrors-tattoo-tights

If I were a girl I would be so wearing these.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

Harajuku and other street fashion centers in Japan are going crazy about "tattoo tights" and stockings at the moment, where girls transform their legs into unique "inked"-style motifs.

This design from Unus and Boomdesign has playful antique mirrors all the way up both legs for a retro, fun look that people won't forget.

Features and Details:

• Size: M-L

• Color: beige

• Hips: 85-98cm (33.5-38.6")

• Length: 150-165cm (49-65")

• Materials: nylon, polyester, polyurethane

•••••••••••••••••••••••

$31.

July 26, 2013 at 04:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack

The Overview Effect

"First coined by author Frank White in 1987, 'The Overview Effect' is the term used to describe the cognitive shift in awareness caused by the awe-inspiring experience of viewing the Earth from orbit. To mark the 40th anniversary of the famous 'Blue Marble' photograph, five astronauts describe their first-hand experience with the cosmic phenomenon."

[via DEVOUR]

July 26, 2013 at 12:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBack

Wasp Trap

A

"This ingenious invention transforms any plastic bottle into a deadly trap for wasps. Cut small holes into the sides of the bottle and attach the traps. Fill the bottle with a sweet liquid, such as soda, and place it outdoors. When a wasp crawls inside, it will be trapped and eventually drown in the liquid."

31-520_5

€9.95.

July 26, 2013 at 08:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Catme 13/Glass Effect 21: Gray Cat frolics in her tent

Yesterday was a beautiful day here in Podunkville, the first in many weeks without the oppressive shvitz-inducing heat and humidity that led me to put away Gray Cat's front step tent and keep her indoors in the AC with me.

Above, how she rolled (literally).

July 26, 2013 at 04:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (6) | TrackBack