« August 9, 2013 | Main | August 11, 2013 »

August 10, 2013

What is it?

LayersWeb

Answer here this time tomorrow.

Hint: smaller than a bread box.

Another: made in England.

A third: edible.

August 10, 2013 at 08:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (6) | TrackBack

Spring Loop Clip-on Wide Angle Lens for Camera Phones

A

B

C

D

E

I

F

G

J

H

August 10, 2013 at 04:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

"Top 10 Places That Have Banned Google Glass"

Google-glass-ban

I was so excited when I saw the headline above over Albert Costill's August 7, 2013 Search Engine Journal story.

Alas, the headline was better than the article, which went on to describe not the "top 10 places that have banned Google Glass" but, rather, 10 places that might well in the future do so.

No matter, just a detail.

Here's the list:

• Banks/ATMs

• Sports Arenas/Concert Venues

• Locker Rooms/Dressing Rooms

• Movie Theaters

• Cars

• Hospitals

• Classrooms

• Strip Clubs

• Casinos

• Bars

August 10, 2013 at 12:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (6) | TrackBack

Enzo Mari Formosa Wall Calendar

Enzo_Mari_Formosa_Wall_Calendar_wmr-1

I'd never even heard of Enzo Mari until I happened on his Sedia Chair the other day.

Screen Shot 2013-08-09 at 5.46.03 PM

Reading a bit, I'm more and more drawn to the power of this singular designer.

Screen Shot 2013-08-09 at 5.46.08 PM

When I looked him up in Wikipedia and saw the graphic (top) used to illustrate his entry, I was totally smitten.

Screen Shot 2013-08-09 at 5.46.19 PM

His anodized aluminum and lithographed PVC calendar, designed in 1963, measures 12.4" x 12.4".

$275.

August 10, 2013 at 08:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Catme 13/Glass Effect 34 — A visit to Peter Chang

Last night Cary and I visited Peter Chang China Grill and ordered the items pictured above and below.

August 10, 2013 at 04:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (4) | TrackBack

Portable Human Kickstand

Mogo-portable-human-kickstand-1

From The Green Head:

•••••••••••••••••••••••

Mogo-portable-human-kickstand-4

"This lightweight portable seating solution comfortably props you up whenever you need a break from walking or standing."

Mogo-compacted

"It features telescoping sections that extend from 18"-37", a fiberglass reinforced seat, and a reversible rubber base that switches from hard surfaces to soft (turf or sand)."

Mogo-portable-human-kickstand-2

"Perfect for sit-standing relaxing in lines, at music festivals, parades, sport sidelines, standing desks, parties, star-gazing, or wherever."

$80.