« August 31, 2013 | Main | September 2, 2013 »

September 1, 2013

Gray Cat smells like sun-dried sheets

That's the best I can do after spending about 15 minutes yesterday morning after I woke up around 8:30 a.m. with my nose nuzzled in her neck fur.

I decided that once and for all I was going to really try to answer one of Flautist's insistent questions about Gray Cat's smells.

Back story: about two months ago she asked me what Gray Cat's feet smelled like.

I made a good faith effort, I really did, to try to pin it down and give her an answer, but after about 10 minutes patiently exhaling, waiting, and then sniffing her toe and palm pads as carefully as I could, was only able to reply, "They don't have any smell at all. None. Zero."

That was absolutely true.

They still don't, I just checked.

But I digressed.

How does an indoor cat smell so darned good?

I mean, sure, I always have the windows open and she spends plenty of time out in front of the house in her tent, but still.

I hadn't let her outside or opened the windows for a week as of this morning, it's been so hot and humid outside and I'm still a little gun-shy about getting into her tent seeing as my anaphylactic attack — it began almost exactly a week ago to the minute, last Sunday night at precisely this time — seemed to begin as I was lying in the tent with her.

No answer for some mysteries.

The way we like it.

September 1, 2013 at 08:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (3) | TrackBack

Massage Neck Shoulder Supporter — Sleep Muscle Shiatsu

Neck-shoulder-supporter-massage-1

Who wouldn't want some sleep muscle shiatsu?

Neck-shoulder-supporter-massage-2

Not moi: I'll take a bunch.

Neck-shoulder-supporter-massage-2 copy

•••••••••••••••••••••••

This clever invention will keep your neck warm in the cold winter nights as well as supporting your neck and shoulders if you get stiff easily when sleeping in certain positions.

It's the easiest massage in the world: just let your body do the work for you while you sleep!

Features and Details:

• Acrylic, polyurethane, high-grade bamboo charcoal

• Fits necks with circumference 9.8"–19.7"

• DR3284 neck support

• Made in Japan

•••••••••••••••••••••••

$60.

September 1, 2013 at 04:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

"o speak my message" — Google Glass flexes its muscle

NEARPOST

Above in black-and-white, a transcript of my first ever transcribed-from-my-spoken-words-to-text-on-my-Google Glass-screen-hands-free/speech-controlled-only-uploaded-to-Flautist's-email-or-Google+(I-have-no-idea-which)-message.

The text in purple is Flautist's reply — via conventional email.

Her end has been tidied up a bit by Gray Cat and me so that it can be published in this G-Rated/Disney-Approved/Family-Friendly!®™© place.

heh

September 1, 2013 at 12:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBack

Instant Coffee and Hot Chocolate Cubes

Jiva-cubes-instant-coffee-hot-chocolate-cubes-xl

From The Green Head:

Jiva-cubes-instant-coffee-hot-chocolate-cubes-5

"These ingenious and convenient little cubes are a fusion of high-quality 100% Colombian coffee and raw unrefined cane sugar that together produce a fine cup of instant coffee when dropped into hot water and stirred."

Jiva-cubes-instant-coffee-hot-chocolate-cubes-3

"Individually wrapped Classic, French Vanilla, Hazelnut, Caramel, Mocha, or Hot Chocolate cubes are made from Criollo-type cacao grown in the higher mountains of Colombia. No additives, preservatives, GMOs, or colorants."

Jiva-cubes-instant-coffee-hot-chocolate-cubes-4

24 cubes: $14.99.

September 1, 2013 at 08:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Catme 13/Glass Effect 56 — Gray Cat prepares for bed (video through Google Glass)

To all a good night.

September 1, 2013 at 04:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Electric Guitar T-Shirt actually plays

Rockguitarshirt1

From A Must Need : "We've all played air guitar or at least seen someone play air guitar. What about shirt guitar, though? Well, this shirt will allow you to do just that. There's a guitar on the front of this T-shirt and it actually plays. Not only that, but also there's an amp built into the shirt. It should be noted, though, that this is no professional quality guitar."

Rockguitarshirt4

"Its essentially a novelty item so don't expect to hit the stage playing rock guitar using just this shirt. That said, you can sure crank out plenty of power chords on this thing. The guitar and amplifier are both removable so you can wash the shirt without damaging the electronics. A great gift for a rocker or music fan."

Rockguitarshirt3

Details and Features:

• Plays all major chords

• Mini guitar amp speaker clips to your belt

Screen Shot 2013-08-31 at 9.32.45 PM