« October 10, 2013 | Main | October 12, 2013 »

Paperbackmain

Could be useful.

Screen Shot 2013-10-10 at 7.39.15 PM

Screen Shot 2013-10-10 at 7.39.10 PM

••••••••••••••••••••

Sticky Notes for iPhone

We know what you're thinking — there are apps for that.

Well, it's still easier to jot something down on a sticky note, and more satisfying to cross off an item with real ink.

With Paperback Sticky Notes you can do a quick sketch or make a list the old-fashioned way, and slap it on the back of your phone.

Use them one at a time or put a small stack on the back of your phone to use later.

Paperback notes have a removable adhesive on most of their surface, keeping the note flat on your iPhone.

Designed for use with iPhone 5, 5s, and 5c.

80 sheets per pad.

••••••••••••••••••••

Screen Shot 2013-10-10 at 7.39.26 PM

$19 (iPhone not included).

October 11, 2013 at 04:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack

Blast from the Past: I am interviewed for TV on the fly during 1998 Athens to Atlanta 86-mile inline skate road race

15 years ago inline skating was at its apotheosis in the U.S.

The caption for the YouTube video above: "This television program, covering the 1998 Athens to Atlanta road skate, originally aired on the Outdoor Life Network in late 1998. It features hosts Lon McEachern and Mario Zapata who follow the lead pack of skaters over the 86-mile course, interview competitors, and weave in a number of human interest stories along the way. The sport of inline skating has been in decline (in numbers of skaters) for the last decade, but there was a time when A2A was attracting 700+ skaters and a weekly television program dedicated to the sport (Inline America) was airing on cable television. Those were the days. 2011 marks the 30th anniversary of this incredible event."

Having done it every years for five years running (1996-2000):

H

I can only say it is the most fun thing I have ever done athletically, eclipsing baseball, football, basketball, tennis, golf, running, bowling, you name it: inline skating is truly the sport of kings.

There is nothing in the world that matches the feeling of speeding along the road on a sunny fall day at 15-20 mph in a line of skaters, everyone's legs and arms rising and falling in an easy rhythm.

Man, I am so stoked about getting back on skates — my brand new top of the line Luigino boots and frames are sitting here right next to me — and getting into form and shape for next year's A2A.

I owe the appearance of this video to Flautist: I had no idea it even existed (after all, the show was aired on TV in 1998, long before YouTube existed; it only was uploaded to YouTube in 2011, long after I'd hung up my Xenan skates and before my recent inline reawakening.

Wrote Flautist of me singing (my appearance in the video begins around 5:20): "A crying shame the song was cut off!"

heh

October 11, 2013 at 12:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (3) | TrackBack

Age-ru Face Maker Anti-Aging Stretcher Face Sauna

Age-ru-face-maker-sauna-stretcher-1

They had me at "Face Maker"; "Stretcher" was lagniappe and "Face Sauna"? To the moon.

Age-ru-face-maker-sauna-stretcher-2

But I digress.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

Perfect for wearing in the bath or shower, this Age-ru Face Maker will pull on your skin and muscles, tightening up your face and making you look younger.

Just ten minutes a day of this exercise and you will notice the difference.

It stretches the skin, making you sweat through its "face sauna" design.

This thus lifts (ageru) your skin and combats the signs of aging.

Features and Details:

• Wear for ten minutes per day

• Made from elastomer

• 7.9" x 3.7" x 0.08"

• Made in Japan

• Instructions: Japanese (but easy to use)

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

€23.

October 11, 2013 at 08:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (6) | TrackBack

Catme 13/Glass Effect 95: Gray Cat napping atop the cable box — through Google Glass

The only thing that Comcast does better than DirecTV is use outdated hard drive technology in its box instead of flash: excess heat creates a perfect napping surface for Gray Cat.

October 11, 2013 at 04:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Bubble Wrap Oven Mitt

102114_A2_Mitt_Oven_Pop

"Protect your hands with this oven mitt made of durable heat-resistant silicone resembling bubble wrap. It has a secure, flexible grip and a hole to hang it on a hook. One size fits most."

102114_B2_Mitt_Oven_Pop