« November 6, 2013 | Main | November 8, 2013 »

November 7, 2013

Experts' Expert: Flautist on optimum cat litter depth

Peter-steiner-you-fed-me-tuna-and-cleaned-my-litter-box-harris-and-i-m-not-going-to-f-new-yorker-cartoon

Why should you take her word for it?

Because I say so.

From the Georgia-based artist-cat person extraordinaire, this response to my recent question about cat box litter management.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

You asked me... about what I thought optimum litter depth is: I would say 2" is just about perfect, and certainly no less than 1.5". Too little and poops don't get covered by power-scratchers (like Laurie, who moves all the litter in the box over his one poop) and too much just gets even more litter kicked out the entrance hole onto the floor.

November 7, 2013 at 08:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBack

What is it?

T

Answer here this time tomorrow.

Hint: smaller than a bread box.

Another: battery-powered.

A third: comes in colors.

November 7, 2013 at 04:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBack

"This video is unlisted. Be considerate and think twice before sharing."

N

Above, the message you get when you click on an Unlisted YouTube video.

I prefer to make my non-Public videos Unlisted rather than Private simply because it's easier for those whom I wish to share them with to see them.

There is so much fantastic stuff on YouTube hiding in plain sight — but you have to know the person with the safe deposit box key to look inside.

November 7, 2013 at 12:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack

Motion-Activated Electronic Parakeet (what Gray Cat dreams of...)

P107561ab1

•••••••••••••••••••••

Perfect Polly — As Seen On TV

Amazing lifelike electronic parakeet moves and sings like a real bird!

Perfect Polly is so life-like, you will almost believe she is real.

Watch Polly chirp, sing, and move her head and tail as she sits on her perch or on your finger!

Any movement makes her come to life.

Unlike real birds, you can turn Perfect Polly off with a touch of a button.

The best part: she never needs food or water, and there's never any mess to clean!

Polly's bright colors and realistic chirping sounds add pure enjoyment to home, office, or outdoor living space.

The perfect family pet that you can keep in any room.

Details and Features:

• 7 inches tall

• Perch included

• On/Off switch for silent display

• Requires 3 AAA batteries (not included)

•••••••••••••••••••••

518EW3PiL8L

November 7, 2013 at 08:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBack

Gray Cat demonstrates how to bask in the sun — through Google Glass

YouTube caption: "Half in half out: the master gives a lesson."

November 7, 2013 at 04:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

bookofjoe''s Favorite Thing: Extra-Large Big-Digit Timer

81rphMGLCBL._SL1500_

I have a thing about timers.

The only time I use one is in the morning, to measure the three (3) minutes I like my tea to steep.

But that's an important three minutes because a.) I'm kind of sluggish and groggy, having just woken up, and b.) as a result I don't really have the energy or inclination to screw around trying to set the duration and turn on the countdown alarm and all.

This one, which I happened on in a long troll through Amazon's timers last month, is fo shizzle.

••••••••••••••••••••••

Features and Details:

• Stop and restart functionality

• Dimensions: 3.5" x 2.5" x 0.6".

• Can be set for up to 100 minutes

• Can be set easily to exact minutes and seconds

• Counts up or down: automatically counts up after 0

• Extra-large digits can be read from across the room

• Can be mounted three ways (stand/clip/magnet on back)

• Loud and long-lasting alarm can be heard in another part of the house

••••••••••••••••••••••

$11.69 (AAA battery included).

November 7, 2013 at 12:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (4) | TrackBack