« November 16, 2013 | Main | November 18, 2013 »

November 17, 2013

"A Case of You" — Joni Mitchell, live in London (1974)

Res ipsa loquitur.

[via Steve Silberman]

November 17, 2013 at 08:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (7) | TrackBack

Color Changing Rope Light

P110525b

Trippy.

•••••••••••••••••••••

Battery operated and hangs anywhere!

Put it wherever you like: cubicle, bedroom, patio, under the deck umbrella, etc.

Just pull to turn it on and off — it's got an LED so it won't get hot.

Cycles through an array of colors!

Plastic LED bulb housing is 6 inches long and hangs on a 4-foot-long rope.

Uses 3 AAA batteries (not included).

•••••••••••••••••••••

November 17, 2013 at 04:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

BehindTheMedspeak: Palliative care nurse reveals top 5 regrets of people on their deathbed

Profound and strangely exhilarating: we have a chance to get things right before we arrive at ours.

The List:

1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.

2 I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.

3. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.

4. I wish that I had let myself be happier.

5. I wish I hadn't worked so hard.

Fair warning.

[via Karenstan and drval]

November 17, 2013 at 12:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (3) | TrackBack

Easy Cupcake Corer

Screen Shot 2013-10-29 at 2.09.26 PM

••••••••••••••••••••

This easy-to-use tool creates a 3/4" x 3/4" hole, perfect for filling with mousse, cream, or frosting.

Ideal for standard or large cupcakes.

Dishwasher-safe.

King Arthur Flour Test Kitchen Tip: Make sure your cupcakes are completely cool before coring. After you cut the hole, keep a bit of the top to put on top of your filling if you want to make it a surprise.

••••••••••••••••••••

November 17, 2013 at 08:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBack

Best anti-insomnia movie EVER: Watching Gray Cat sleep will put you down for the count (through Google Glass)

YouTube caption: "This morning I sat down and Gray Cat got up off her toasty cable box and walked over and lay down in my lap. Though I'd had a good night's sleep and didn't feel at all drowsy, once she snuggled in between my legs and closed her eyes, I found mine hard to keep open as well. Nevertheless, I tried to keep my head still and create a 5-minute-long video using Google Glass that, once enhanced and stabilized with YouTube's proprietary algorithms, ought to make a dandy visual sleeping pill equivalent. I mean, just watching the first couple minutes of the video, I started to fall asleep. Try it, you'll like it. If it doesn't help you fall asleep, let me know and I'll cheerfully refund twice what you paid for it. Wait a sec...."

November 17, 2013 at 04:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (3) | TrackBack

Stamp Ring

M

••••••••••••••••••

This stamp ring is the modern answer to the classic signet ring, letting you leave a short, powerful statement wherever you happen to be.

Choose a motto, a quote, or a word or website of your choice, and we'll make your own personal stamp ring out out of it.

Stainless steel or gold-plated stainless steel and 925 sterling silver.

Designed by Bea & Smita.