« Squirrel Briefs — Lawyers rejoice, your underpants have come in | Home | Concrete Like Paper Lamp »

December 1, 2013

"Sounds like you have a drinking problem" — through Google Glass

COMMENT!!!

Above, a comment on my recently posted YouTube video (below) shot with Google Glass at one of my favorite places in Charlottesville, owner-chef Harrison Keevil's Brookville Restaurant.

I guess viewer Oneness100 wasn't at all happy with me, my personal habits, my social life, or pretty much anything I was up to.

Can't please 'em all.

Oh, yeah, one more thing: the YouTube caption reads "Yesterday I was able to extract myself from the — to me — immersive world of NFL football Sunday morning pregame stuff long enough to drive downtown to my favorite restaurant in Charlottesville, chef-owner Harrison Keevil's Brookville Restaurant. The Sunday brunch Hangover Cure is a work of art and usually my default order."

"Hangover Cure."

It's a figure of speech, see?

It's on the menu as such: see below.

Bb

December 1, 2013 at 12:01 PM | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference "Sounds like you have a drinking problem" — through Google Glass:

Comments

N.B. Amazon has several vendors that sell Duke's — but I'd strongly suggest buying from the source (come to think of it, I said to buy direct from Duke's in my last post) — because the vendor's turnover/storage conditions/care in packaging are never going to match the product fresh from the factory.

That said, hey folks: it's late autumn and things are getting downright chilly across much of the U.S. — I'd advise waiting on that Duke's purchase until late March (April, if you hail from the Wisconsin/Dakotas/Minnesota region) — because otherwise that frozen mayo in the box left by the delivery folks on your front porch will have glass shards (never good eats, 'cept for Rasputin).

Posted by: 6.02*10^23 | Dec 3, 2013 4:19:24 AM

Duke's Mayonnaise will reach its hundredth year of continuous production in 2017.

Duke's is one of those rare "regional" products remaining in production in the U.S.

Joe exists on the northern edge of the distribution area, but a click on Joe's link to the company will permit anybody in the U.S. to purchase and try Duke's Mayo.

Posted by: 6.02*10^23 | Dec 2, 2013 11:55:01 AM

41wLfCC6iUL

Posted by: bookofjoe | Dec 2, 2013 9:28:26 AM

what are dukes?

Posted by: marshall | Dec 2, 2013 9:19:10 AM

As Cartman would say: "S***w you guys, I'm targeting the drone!".

Poof, Oneness100, thou art an ex-parrot.

Posted by: 6.02*10^23 | Dec 1, 2013 9:18:00 PM

The grits and eggs sounds delicious. I need to hit my local soul food dive (its in a gas station so its got to be authentic!) and get some soon!

Posted by: clifyt | Dec 1, 2013 8:54:05 PM

Paying attention to the trolls is always a bad idea...it just makes them think highly of themselves and eventually they'll rise up out of their mom's basement. That won't be a good thing.

Posted by: Scott | Dec 1, 2013 6:14:52 PM

Jo how'd you get that past the Spam filter? I'm impressed!

Posted by: bookofjoe | Dec 1, 2013 5:41:50 PM

Tamra, its worldwide not just nationwide!

Posted by: Jo | Dec 1, 2013 5:39:52 PM

Oneness? Don't you mean cuntness?? Joe, please don't explain or justify yourself to fools like that.

Posted by: Jo | Dec 1, 2013 5:36:24 PM

I think his whole bitch comes from the glasses,

And, Love the Menu.

Posted by: Joe Peach | Dec 1, 2013 5:30:49 PM

Babydoll One-One I luv me some Eleven Woodland Punkin Pie at Denny's but I ain't got no hobbit problem. I'll drink up a Shirley Temple evry wunst in a while too but I cain't tap dance on no staircase neither.

Joe ain't need no help gettin wimmen (but if he did shoot I could find lots for him). What darlin tamra said only its more like worldwide not nationwied. A guy got to have some time to hiself every now an then good greif.

Hey Joe wtf you doin in a swanky eatery and you ain't took no pictchers of me is what I want to know. You dog you I know you luv it.

I hear eateries gonna start chargin extry for peeps not wearing no Glass headgear who come in to eat. Ooooh wait till we ALL got some movie makin devices on us!

Posted by: Tao Te Chingaling700 | Dec 1, 2013 5:09:15 PM

An ironic zen user name for an angry, bitter person who really has no idea the number of women nationwide who love you. That aside, that menu looks so good! Wish I could get grits here in the west.

Posted by: tamra | Dec 1, 2013 3:21:13 PM

I don't get it....

Posted by: Marianne | Dec 1, 2013 2:08:20 PM

My comment on your response to a comment: You tell 'em, Joe!

Posted by: Lorelei | Dec 1, 2013 1:48:56 PM