« July 4, 2014 | Main | July 6, 2014 »

July 5, 2014

"50 Famous Academics and Scientists Talk About God"

From Open Culture: "Jonathan Pararajasingham has pulled together a montage of 50 renowned academics, mostly all scientists, talking about their thoughts on the existence of God. The list includes includes 16 Nobel prize winners and a bundle of recognizable names.

Below, the dramatis personae.

Screen Shot 2014-04-23 at 9.56.49 PM

July 5, 2014 at 08:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (3)

What is it?

Vvv

Answer here this time tomorrow.

Hint: smaller than a bread box.

Another: not intended for the bedroom.

July 5, 2014 at 04:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (1)

James Altucher reveals his everyday carry

James-altucher

I've been a fan of Altucher (top) for many, many years.

He is a real original, sui generis.

Perhaps my favorite thing about him is that he's open and honest about his failures, which he has revealed are legion.

Find out more about him here, here, and here, among other places.

I was pleased to see him appear on Kevin Kelly's Cool Tools a couple weeks ago, explaining the odd choice of stuff he employs on a daily basis to make life easier and better.

His reasoning may seem bizarre or even idiotic on the surface but there's always a logical explanation.

July 5, 2014 at 12:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (0)

Parking Armor: A bumper for your bumper

Parking-armor

51JR4OiJr-L

[via The Worst Things For Sale and Richard Kashdan]

July 5, 2014 at 08:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (0)

The Writing of Stones (34)

48-49

July 5, 2014 at 04:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (0)

Post It Labeling Tape

8198thKWR7L._SL1500_

Below, excerpts from Joan Blindsight's February 26, 2014 Cool Tools review.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I found this product over a year ago. It comes in yellow, green, pink, or white, in a dispenser similar to Scotch tape. The paper feels like the same paper used for the original Post It notes, and works well with a Sharpie pen for labeling. The back of the paper is fully covered by the adhesive (unlike Post It notes, which have a strip of adhesive only along one edge).

I can label anything, remove the label and reuse it. I do this frequently with food storage as I shift things around from one container to another. The labels don’t roll up at the edges or fall off after a few months. I first used the tape when I was moving, because I was using a lot of plastic storage boxes, which I couldn’t write on, and the tape (I bought neon green) was so much easier to use than masking tape.

3M... put thought into designing the dispenser: the tape tears easily and cleanly.... I have used Avery removable labels, but they come on sheets, which are cumbersome and can get bent, come only in white (as far as I know), and require finding a pair of scissors if you need a small label. This tape is far more convenient.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Still not convinced?

Watch the video below.

1" x 400" Full Adhesive Roll: $5.19.

July 5, 2014 at 12:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (2)

« July 4, 2014 | Main | July 6, 2014 »