« Drivable Cardboard Lexus | Home | The Pyramids of Sudan »

October 29, 2015

$329 Throwback Keyboard Turns Tablets into Typewriters

Qwerkywriter_FrontWithiPad-story-582x437

From Wired:

•••••••••••••••••••••

Built-in touch screen keyboards simply aren't enough for writing anything longer than a text and they take up valuable screen space.

The thin screen-protector-like keyboards that Microsoft and Apple make are great for portability but they don't offer the tactile feel that desktop keyboards do.

The folks at Qwerkytoys have created the Qwerkywriter, a tablet keyboard that mimics the look and feel of a typewriter.

Even though the Qwerkywriter looks old fashioned, there's plenty of modern tech baked inside.

The keyboard pairs with devices via Bluetooth, so even though it has a dock that fits all sorts of tablets, it can also be paired with smartphones or even desktop computers.

••••••••••••••••••••

$329 (tablet not included).

October 29, 2015 at 08:01 AM | Permalink

Comments

Just the thing I need to type out my articles about how oppressed i am as I sip my espresso at starbucks.

Posted by: Rocketboy | Nov 1, 2015 12:51:39 AM

Great to have you back Joe, where the hell you find this stuff I'll never know.

Posted by: friskypainter | Oct 29, 2015 11:30:20 PM

I think it is as cool as I am!!!

And I would buy one if it was 1/3 to 1/4 the price.

But as Antares surmised, I could imbibe some delicious Tawny Port for that price,

Nuff said!

Posted by: Joe Peach | Oct 29, 2015 6:51:32 PM

I have seen this advertised on Facebook. I own a Canon typewriter. I know I have not used it since 1992. I can buy Olympia, Smith-Corona, Remington, and other typewriters through ebay for a tenth of the price of this keyboard. I saw a Sears typewriter listed on ebay for $6.99.

I do not see the attraction. $329 will buy me cases of Bass Ale, cases of Piesporter Goldtropchen Riesling Auslese, cases pinot noir, cases of gamay beaujolais, or one bottle of 30-year old Glenfiddich single malt scotch whisky.

But thank you, Joe, for putting it on your website. It is pretty to look at. As long as the looking is free.

Posted by: antares | Oct 29, 2015 12:55:21 PM

Well, hell's bells, if I'm gonna pay $329 for a keyboard that's not included, it better come in one fancy-ass box, is all I can say.

Posted by: Flautist | Oct 29, 2015 8:09:22 AM