« Space-Time Warp Dress | Home | Hand-Made Artisanal Edible Flower Lollipops »

March 22, 2016

Claimdog: A site that finds and collects your unclaimed money


Free money: what's not to like?

Great site.

Every single one of my friends whose names I put in the search box came up being owed money, many in the hundreds of dollars.

From BoingBoing:


Claimdog is a new online service that tracks down money owed to you.

I tried it this morning and found out that my wife was owed some kind of settlement check for $103.60 from an insurance company from over 20 years ago.

They charged me $10 for the service, which seems reasonable for how easy it was to claim the money.

Missing Money is a free site which you can use if you are willing to file a claim yourself.

March 22, 2016 at 08:01 AM | Permalink


I've been Puptentacle online since the early 90s, back when dinosaurs roamed the earth and Yahoo Groups was Egroups. Started as a joke (it's a reference to Frank Zappa, actually) and it has stuck with me ever since.

I honestly JUST NOW saw the link to the Missing Money site. Sorry to have pointed out that which you had already done.

Love the blog, Joe. I am definitely "constant reader". You are in a very short list of sites I check every day. Thanks for the good work!

Posted by: Puptentacle | Mar 24, 2016 1:25:06 PM

Constant reader Puptentacle (clever handle, by the way; only now, after months of seeing it, did I get the subtle, clever play on words... but I digress) wrote yesterday in a comment, "No need whatsover to pay this company to do what can be done for free."


Longtime readers know that "Free, the way we like it" is a trope here.

But I digress yet again.

The final line of the original post (you could look it up, or just scroll up):

"Missing Money is a free site which you can use if you are willing to file a claim yourself."

Posted by: bookofjoe | Mar 23, 2016 5:59:35 AM

Joe, you can search for the name of a state and the words "unclaimed property" and find out the same information. I believe every state has a department that deals with this. It generally involves filling out a form and sending it in. No need whatsoever to pay this company to do what can be done for free.

Posted by: Puptentacle | Mar 22, 2016 3:03:36 PM

The comments to this entry are closed.