« Which of the 11 nations in the U.S. do you live in? | Home | GlassCast: A Saturday morning walk through heavy fog in Charlottesville (Google Glass) »

June 5, 2016

SlipIt Spray Lubricant โ€” "For metal, plastic & wood"

Fantastic stuff.

Just used up a can on my windows, storms, and screens: ones that pretty much required a hammer and chisel to free them now glide like buttah.

Best lubricant ever.

Bonus: "Use on any combination of metal, plastic & wood."

I did and I will.

N.B. Great on dresser drawers that require effort and even then sometimes can't be moved in and out.

I'm adding this to my car's store of stuff I carry around just in case I find myself at someone's house and happen upon a problem they've lived with for years because they're just used to it or don't know how to fix it.

My M.O. is to stealthily make the repair and let them discover it (or not) in their own time.

The silent enhancer, c'est moi.

[via Cool Tools]

June 5, 2016 at 08:01 AM | Permalink

Comments

Much appreciate the tip! And for metals, try Fluid Film.

Posted by: Bubbub | Jul 21, 2016 6:26:51 PM

I do those kinda repairs, too. If it only worked as effectively at building good luck for me as it does for squeaky things that are a chore to get moving.

Posted by: Daniel | Jun 12, 2016 1:45:40 AM

I love this about you. My beloved dad would show up to fix something we had discussed and for weeks later I would run across little things he had "taken care of". XO

Posted by: Carol Feldman | Jun 5, 2016 10:26:48 AM

You should leave an anonymous note. Otherwise when they apply maximum over-force to move that obstreperous โ‚ฌ#*$&@!!! that's been sticking for so many eons it may fly off its track and cause some damage that was not anticipated. ๐Ÿ˜ง Heh heh.
--The Law of Unintended Consequences

Posted by: PT | Jun 5, 2016 9:31:35 AM

Oh, would that you could accidentally find yourself driving by my house (and stopping in for a cuppa tea), I'd arrange it so that you might happen on goo-gobs of repairs to stealthily make.

Earl Grey, is it?