« December 7, 2019 | Main | December 9, 2019 »

December 8, 2019

How I learned to appreciate privacy

Frequent visitors will know that most days I livestream via Periscope on my Twitter.

95% of screen time consists of my kitty sleeping.

The other 5% is a ride-along on car trips in and around Charlottesville.

But I digress.

This morning, when I was about to begin a sleeping kitty livestream, I had a thought: while I wasn't simulcasting, I could say and do whatever I want here at home, and nobody would mind or get annoyed or offended.

Whereas when the camera's rolling, I watch what I say and do and where I go so as not to interfere with the main event.

Anyhoo, I got this great feeling of limitlessness and living without restraints or boundaries just from comparing my state of mind pre-livestream with that which applies when I'm broadcasting to millions.

heh

Note: in the video up top, entitled "Nap time on a lazy Sunday," livestreamed on my YouTube channel on August 12, 2018, my beautiful baby enjoys 2 hours 47 minutes and 25 seconds of bliss, wherever cat minds go while they sleep.

According to YouTube's stats, a total of 27 people (full disclosure: one of whom is me) have viewed any or all of this footage to date.

I now have 596 subscribers to my channel: that means I only need 9,404 more to re-monetize.

Real soon now.

December 8, 2019 at 04:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (0)

Wikipedia: Babel

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 12.06.15 PM

Res ipsa loquitur.

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 12.06.16 PM

heh

December 8, 2019 at 02:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (0)

11 levels of origami — easy to complex

YouTube caption: "Origami artist and physicist Robert J. Lang explains origami in 11 levels of difficulty. From a simple, traditional cicada to an extremely intricate one, he demonstrates and breaks down everything that goes into the art."

Fair warning: there goes the day.

December 8, 2019 at 12:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (0)

Robert Boyle's To-Do List

Boyle-page-1

The great scientist,

Boyle-page-2

regarded by many today as the first modern chemist, wrote this list this list over 300 years ago.

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 12.01.30 PM

Reminds me a lot of what Elon Musk's might look like, in terms of its enormous ambition and scope.

December 8, 2019 at 10:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (0)

Library Quilt

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 11.52.14 AM

Our quilts are custom-made-to-order and handcrafted to the highest quality standards.

• Each quilt features a premium polyester print for beautiful color vibrancy, even after washing

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 11.51.26 AM

• Constructed from an ultra-soft polyester fabric with a hypo-allergenic cotton filling

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 11.51.56 AM

• The diamond-stitched pattern gives a luxurious feel that is cozy and breathable, perfect for year-round use

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 11.52.03 AM

• Great for a picnic at the park, snuggling while watching TV, relaxing on the sofa, or as a stylish bedspread

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 11.55.45 AM

• Machine-washable on cold-water-gentle cycle with mild detergent

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 11.52.10 AM

$86.98-$129.

[via Crack San Francisco Correspondent®© Richard Kashdan]

December 8, 2019 at 08:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (1)

« December 7, 2019 | Main | December 9, 2019 »