« October 13, 2021 | Main | October 15, 2021 »

October 14, 2021

World's first mile race shot on Google Glass

Videre est credere.

It happened on July 8, 2013.

Can't get enough?

Here's

another mile race video on my Glass, recorded two weeks later on July 22, 2013.

October 14, 2021 at 04:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (0)

'Why are you hot to livestream from your phone?'

Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 10.36.40 AM

I thought no one would ever ask, but xoxoxoBruce, as is his wont, did the heavy lifting for the rest of you when he raised this burning question in a late night comment on October 1.

He wrote:

... what, do you plan to livestream your 5K runs?*

Gray cat bathing?

The weather?

I mean you're not going to broadcast the Daytona 500, or Macy's Turkey Day Parade.**

Or is this a matter of principle, stick it to the man?

The answer, invoking the very old version of the SAT: None of the above

The primary reason I need to acquire YouTube mobile livestream capability sooner rather than later is because TypePad, which has hosted bookofjoe since I went live on August 24, 2004, will one day stop working.

It will not give any notice.

It will come out of the blue, bookofjoe going dark.

In December 2020 Typepad quietly stopped accepting new users (below),

6a00d8341c5dea53ef026bdeacc22a200c-800wi

and I have believed since then that the typing is on the wall.

Once I go live on YouTube via my phone I'll immediately start a livestreamed blog/vlog that doesn't require TypePad.

I'd prefer to do that while Typepad's still got a pulse.

nuf sed

*See today's upcoming 4:01 p.m. post

**But I could

October 14, 2021 at 02:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (1)

Jim Jarmusch's collages

Who knew the filmmaker has been quietly making small collages on newsprint — with faces switched onto other bodies — for 20 years?

Not me, until a recent New York Times story featured them.

DeepFakes before there was DeepFakes.

Above and below, exemplars of the more than 500 he's created.

More?

See them in person at his show at James Fuentes (55 Delancey Street, Lower Manhattan; 212-577-1201) through October 31.

Not planning on being in Manhattan?

Buy his book.

Perhaps my Crack Gotham Correspondent©® will stop by and give us an in-person report.

Stranger things have happened.

October 14, 2021 at 12:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (0)

This Meme Does Not Exist

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 9.35.09 AM

Fair warning: there goes the day.

October 14, 2021 at 10:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (0)

Car Travel Pillow

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 9.49.23 AM

Secure this pillow to your car's headrest to enjoy comfortable head support while you travel.

Soft, comfortable, and easy to use.

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 9.49.16 AM

Features and Details:

• Cotton cover, recycled plastic fiber filling

Cushion: 11.8" x 16.5"; carabiner: 1.5" x 3"

Vehicle must have adjustable head restraints

• Not suitable for children under 8 years old/under 49" tall

• Do not use with a car seat

• Machine wash cold

Weight: 1.25 lbs

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 10.18.55 AM

October 14, 2021 at 08:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (0)

« October 13, 2021 | Main | October 15, 2021 »